[Tagging] Street exits

Tobias Wrede list at tobias-wrede.de
Mon Jun 18 15:48:41 UTC 2018

Hi,

Am 15.06.2018 um 18:14 schrieb osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au:

> They DO have exactly this type of living street in the Netherlands
> too, see https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woonerf
>
> But the particular street Peter is talking about is, on purpose, NOT
> such a living street.
>
> The street itself is a normal residential street, with sidewalks and
> raised kerbs. You can easily see that if you follow it along with
> streetview.
>
> The only thing “special” about it is the way how they designed the
> point where it exits into the other street.
>
> I can’t remember having seen this particular design (exit into another
> street designed like a living street or driveway, but the street
> itself being just a normal street) anywhere else.

Actually, we have the same thing in Germany. It's not only for living
streets as Martin already pointed out but also for any other streets
exiting over a lowered curb. Traffic exiting from such street has to
behave the same way as when exiting from a driveway, i. e. drive with
extreme caution and wait for any other traffic including pedestrians to
pass (§10 StVO). I have no clue, though, if there is any established
tagging for that here.

Tobias