[Tagging] drop covered=booth?

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 18 20:19:44 UTC 2018

Le 18. 06. 18 à 22:00, Bryan Housel a écrit :
> Someone has asked me to add a `covered=booth` field to the telephone preset.

imho he need at least to document it

> Generally the tag `covered=*` (usually ‘yes’)  is used to indicate that
> a highway goes under a building part, so that linters and validation
> tools can not flag the crossing as an error..

but not only.
the wiki said "covered=* is used to denote that an object represented
by a node, way or area is covered.

you can use it for a lot of objets like a bicyble parking, entrance.
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/?key=covered#combinations
159k highway - 42k highway=bus_stop = 117k
less than 1/3 of all combinations are related to a highway

I myself use covered=yes for a lot of not-highway objects

Regards,
Marc