[Tagging] emergency=lifeguard

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 22:13:07 UTC 2018

Wow, thanks everybody for your thoughts.

Going through a few comments

On 18 June 2018 at 17:58, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you use Google translate from English "lifeguard" to Russian, you
> get Спасатель
> Doing the translation in the other direction, (so from Спасатель to
> English) you get first "rescuer" and as a second "lifesaver".
> Perhaps this has something to do with the lifeguards found away from
> water in e.g . Russia ? Something that is "lost in translation" ?

Found 3 - 4 of these in a similar area, one of which is
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/354731850#map=18/56.73835/61.11087

Part of the description gives:  Медицина катастроф - трассовый пунк Малые
Брусяны which Mr Google translates to "Medicine of catastrophes - route
point Small Brusians", which I've got to say doesn't shed an awful lot of
light on the subject!

I'll take a stab at ambulance / paramedic / emergency rescue or something
along those lines, but I think we're agreed it's not a "lifeguard"?