[Tagging] public_transport=platform_edge

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Wed Jun 20 18:43:47 UTC 2018

I've noticed that while there is a
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:railway=platform_edge there is no
generalized public_transport=platform_edge.

I would propose that we allow public_transport=platform_edge as the exact
same concept applies equally well to e.g. island platforms at bus stations.
And if railway=platform get changes to public_transport=platform in the
future, it makes no sense that the individual edges are still tagged with
railway=platform_edge.

I would further propose that we consider allowing adding
public_transport=platform_edge to route relations (but only a platform_edge
OR platform for each stop, not both, using the platform role).

Cheers,

Thorsten