[Tagging] shop=discount

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 08:54:23 UTC 2018

> shop=convenience is a smaller supermarket, usually with longer opening
> hours, but also more expensive than full size supermarkets.

I would like to point out that scale does matter. A puddle is not a small
lake. A lake is not a small ocean. A bush is not a small tree, 5 trees are
not a forest (besides in OSM), ecc.
A supermarket is defined as offering a big selection of stuff (as opposed
to a discounter / discount supermarket which only offers a very small
selection of basic products).
A supermarket also is presenting stuff in a certain way (e.g. see here, all
items cleanly set up in the shelves, no boxes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermarket#/media/File:Fredmeyer_edit_1.jpg
as opposed to a discount supermarket, where whole boxes are placed in the
shelves:
https://www.aldi.us/fileadmin/fm-dam/Responsive_Design/New_to_ALDI/ALDI_NewToALDI_ShoppingAtALDI_InformationPage_316x284_Desktop_8.jpg

Cheers,
Martin