[Tagging] shop=discount

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 09:00:18 UTC 2018

Sorry for writing again, but I believe this discussion shows that the term
shop=discount is not self-explaining at all. It evokes different thoughts
in different people / national contexts. In Germany, the term "discounter"
is clearly defined, but it doesn't seem this is a statement that can be
shared globally. As it isn't much used either, we should probably
discourage the use all together.

I have put a list of common names on these objects in the wiki, as it will
help people familiar with the brands to understand what kind of shop was
tagged:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Ddiscount
most used values are Poundland and Poundworld.

Cheers,
Martin