[Tagging] tagging bicycle charging stations

André Pirard A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 12:07:47 UTC 2018

On 2018-06-28 13:40, Paul Allen wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 4:40 AM, André Pirard
> <A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com <mailto:A.Pirard.Papou at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 2018-06-27 16:28, Paul Allen wrote:
>
> [Suggestion to use amenity=charging_station + charging:bicycle=yes +
> charging:car=yes
>
>     I remember having been told off by someone who doesn't like
>     namespaces: "we are not doing like that" ;-)
>

> People on this list have strong opinions.  Often those opinions are in
> opposition.  But whoever told you not
> to use namespaces is ignoring the fact that OSM already does use
> namespaces. If most people say yes
> and one person says no but presents no valid argument for his
> objection, ignore that one person.
OK, but they shout louder and the problem is that it's the other
contributors who must ignore them.
And it's painful to read replies with just what is sub-optimal in a
proposition and no better alternatives towards the same goal.

>     But you are, like me, perfectly right using it because we could have
>
>     charging:bicycle:amperage=* different from charging:car:amperage=*
>

> Do we need it?
Please understand what I meant.
I'm just demonstrating the general versatility and usefulness of
namespace, not discussing amperage.
"could have things like..." if you prefer.
(But then, charging:amperage=* won't hurt and be consistent)