[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Walkingbus_stop

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat May 5 12:41:51 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 4. May 2018, at 22:34, Johnparis <okosm at johnfreed.com> wrote:
>
> Please DO follow Thorsten's suggestion and follow PTv2, mapping the stops as nodes alongside the street/way (not on it) in the proper direction. Tag each one:
> walking_bus=yes
> public_transport=platform

is walking really a kind of “public transport”? Are we going to tag places as public transport platforms where people are waiting for someone else to accompany them for walking somewhere?

To me “walking bus” seems just a new buzzword for a service that has been in existence for a long time (school crossing guards) and that was never considered public transport until someone proclaimed it could be seen as kind of “bus” but without a vehicle ;-)

I don’t think it shouldn’t be tagged, but I don’t see it as public transport either, particularly I don’t believe we should use the term platform in context of this kind of service

cheers,
Martin