[Tagging] access=disabled

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri May 11 10:16:58 UTC 2018

> On 11/05/18 09:01, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>
> i.e. it is forbidden to cross the parking by foot if you are not disabled?
>
> and if an area is tagged amenity=parking, access=customers ... same
> problem.

while it is somehow true, it is less of a practical problem, because anyone
is a potential customer. You don't have to actually buy something on order
to be a "customer" for the question of access. If I were to define
rendering rules, I would generally allow access to access=customers
entities and would clearly not allow access to objects with access=no,
disabled=yes objects if the user is not disabled=yes.

> according to the wiki, agricultural, forestry, customers etc. are _values_
> for access tags:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access#Access_tag_values
> (agricultural is also a vehicle class though).
>

> And some are using disabled as a value too... which was my suggestion ..
> see the subject of the thread.
> Too me this is a logical extension of the present system of use ..

to me it is not logical, because you either are "disabled" or not, it is
like a vehicle class, not a mode you sometimes conform to and sometimes not
(like delivery or destination). In other words, it is like "agricultural=*"
not like "*=agricultural".

> "disabled" are a class of users (see "by use"):
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access#Access_tag_values
>

> This is 'documented"? Ha. Look at the page for the 'documentation'. I have
> no idea what it is at all....
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key%3Adisabled

this is a stub, you can find the docu on the page I linked above, or "see
also" on this page.

Cheers,
Martin