[Tagging] tagging of one-way cycle lanes

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Sat May 12 19:19:06 UTC 2018

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 1:27 PM, Steve Doerr <doerr.stephen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 12/05/2018 12:04, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>
>> Actually, while I know about and abide to the wiki definition, I don't
>> think it is intuitive to count some lanes and other not.
>>

> We do that because of a UN convention: https://lists.openstreetmap.or
> g/pipermail/tagging/2011-September/008578.html

Sure, and that was a pretty motorist-oriented convention, unsurprising
since its inception was in 1968.  There's plenty of Vienna Convention
countries that have bicycle lanes now and even marked out lanes on ways
only open to bicycles, an increasing number of which have multiple bike
lanes on the same roadway in the same direction.  So I'm pretty sure the
idea has evolved a bit in the intervening half century.