[Tagging] tagging of one-way cycle lanes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat May 12 21:48:46 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 12. May 2018, at 22:01, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So far 2 people keep insisting that cycle lanes are counted and a
> larger number says no.

I don’t know who the other person is, my stance is they would better be counted but I don’t do it currently, apart from lanes on cycleways (dedicated ways). Btw: according to the lanes page wiki definition the cycleway lanes must not be tagged as lanes (it refers to all highways), but on the same page there is an example for a highway=cycleway with lanes=2
i.e. the page is not clear (ok, just saw this is a recent addition from january and might have to be reverted).

So basically according to the wiki there is no way to state the amount of lanes on a cycleway, at least “lanes” should not be used?

Cheers,
Martin