[Tagging] access=disabled

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat May 19 16:22:48 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 19. May 2018, at 16:44, <osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au> <osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au> wrote:
>
> Now suppose I have a gate (intended for foot traffic). The gate has a sign "Emergency Personnel Only".

access=private

> emergency=yes is obviously wrong. That would imply that an ambulance can drive through there.
>
> foot=emergency would make much more sense instead.

why? “emergency personnel“ is about people working in the emergency context, but it doesn’t imply there has to be an emergency, they could just as well have a break for coffee

foot=emergency could mean pedestrians having an emergency can pass. It is not selfexplanatory.

„emergency=yes“ also is probably used for different things:
a) for „emergency forces in action“
b) for vehicles used by emergency forces, like police cars, fire fighters, ambulances.

cheers,
Martin