[Tagging] Seasonal, intermittent, and ephemeral water tags

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun May 20 08:22:05 UTC 2018

20. May 2018 00:29 by 61sundowner at gmail.com <mailto:61sundowner at gmail.com>:

> Intermittent clarification:
>
> Clarify the meaning of intermittent on the OSM wiki! At the moment it says "used to indicate that a body of water does not permanently contain water."
> That is too easily confused with seasonal! I think it should say "used to indicate that a body of water only has water irregularly." Where should this be 'discussed'?

Wiki describes current tagging, Changing wiki will not change how tag is used in database (see recent

proposal to redefine lanes tag)

> Intermittent - add values:
> Add seasonal values to intermittent e.g. intermittent=summer to indicate that water might be present irregularly, but only during summer. RFC etc?

Even your explanation is unclear. Is it "present irregularly during summer and not present otherwise"

or "present irregularly during summer and continuously present otherwise".

I am also against complicating intermittent=yes/no tag, please invent new one to record highly complex (and harder to parse) info rather than making currently used tag useless