[Tagging] Seasonal, intermittent, and ephemeral water tags
matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun May 20 08:33:23 UTC 2018
19. May 2018 04:33 by 61sundowner at gmail.com <mailto:61sundowner at gmail.com>:
> The intermittent tag continues to be confused with seasonal.
> Possibly this is because some want to use it to indicate that a follow is both seasonal and intermittent?
At least in my case it was like this:
- I discovered intermittent tag
- later I encountered someone claiming that seasonal water flow
should be tagged with seasonal tag
- I checked intermittent definition in some sources and found no
confirmation that "intermittent" excludes cyclic changes
- I continue to use intermittent for anything waterway-related that has no constant presence of water but maybe I also started using seasonal=yes for some clearly seasonal features
BTW, what in your opinion should be used for spring that is
- active during snow melt- active after heavy rains- active continuously if within previous months/years weather was wet
Note also that successful redefining of popular tags is likely to fail.Changing Wiki description is not magically changing what was tagged.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tagging