[Tagging] Seasonal, intermittent, and ephemeral water tags

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun May 20 08:33:23 UTC 2018

19. May 2018 04:33 by 61sundowner at gmail.com <mailto:61sundowner at gmail.com>:

> The intermittent tag continues to be confused with seasonal.
>
> Possibly this is because some want to use it to indicate that a follow is both seasonal and intermittent?

At least in my case it was like this:

- I discovered intermittent tag

- later I encountered someone claiming that seasonal water flow

  should be tagged with seasonal tag

- I checked intermittent definition in some sources and found no

  confirmation that "intermittent" excludes cyclic changes
- I continue to use intermittent for anything waterway-related  that has no constant presence of water but maybe I also started using  seasonal=yes for some clearly seasonal features

BTW, what in your opinion should be used for spring that is
- active during snow melt- active after heavy rains- active continuously if within previous months/years weather was wet
?
Note also that successful redefining of popular tags is likely to fail.Changing Wiki description is not magically changing what was tagged.