[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tramtrack on highway

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Thu Nov 1 12:54:26 UTC 2018

1. Nov 2018 12:53 by jukka.nikulainen at helsinki.fi <mailto:jukka.nikulainen at helsinki.fi>:

> Although I've been a mapper for over a decade, this is my first feature proposal.
> Hopefully I have included everything needed for a complete RFC!

copy of my replies on the talk page

(1)

I would introduce it as a separate key as

    It may be useful also for other purposes, not only for cyclists
    hijacking access key for related purpose is not a good idea

Maybe tramtracks=separately_mapped? railway=separate?

(2)

It would be worth noting whatever this tagging should apply to both
- tram tracks on a road, separate lane for other vehicleshttps://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Ulica_Kr%C3%B3lewska.jpg <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Ulica_Kr%C3%B3lewska.jpg>
- no lanes without tram trackshttps://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Przystanek_Batorego_Krak%C3%B3w_01.jpg <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Przystanek_Batorego_Krak%C3%B3w_01.jpg>

- some mixture of above