[Tagging] tagging for an office of the local representative to parliament

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 4 15:42:26 UTC 2018

The activity of a prison is on behalf of a government, pursuant to a
statutory duty of the government to administer justice. That its
operation is outsourced to a private company doesn't change that fact.
You can't just start your own prison - it is a state monopoly.

Public transport may be a state monopoly, but sometimes it isn't. In the
middle you have state regulation, which is the status in much of the UK.
Anyone can start a bus company, but you need to register the route at
least. (I think it might be a bit more complicated than that...)
Providing free transport, well, I suppose anyone can make it free if
they want, but the money has to come from somewhere...