[Tagging] tagging for an office of the local representative to parliament

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 14:41:15 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 4. Nov 2018, at 10:19, Allan Mustard <allan at mustard.net> wrote:
>
> If it is a budget-dependent company/corporation, such as the Commodity Credit Corporation of the U.S. government, which generates no revenue of its own and relies wholly on appropriations from the U.S. Congress, yes, it should be tagged government.  As Deep Throat said, "Follow the money!"

I find this difficult, because it implies we define what is original government duty and what is not. Providing beer is apparently not a government job (any more?), providing healthcare might be (?), what about transportation? Is free public transportation a government duty? They surely wouldn’t generate (at least direct) profits, and if the service isn’t free it could still be financed by the government and not be profitable. Similarly the providing of energy, water, the treatment of waste. Europeans tend to see prisons as government sites, in the US prisons are often private.

Ciao, Martin