[Tagging] tagging for an office of the local representative to parliament

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 00:01:14 UTC 2018

On Tue, Nov 6, 2018 at 11:45 PM Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I have firmed up on
> office=government
> with either
> government=constituency_office
> or
> government=politicians_office

I assume you're thinking of elected representatives.  Because they're
usually the ones to make
legislation and therefore the ones to complain to when you have grievances
you want the
government to redress.  But they're not the only ones.  And sometimes not
the first point of
contact, either.

Some countries have an Ombudsman.  Many countries have regulatory agencies,
such as
EPA, FDA , FCC, etc. in the US; OfCom, OfGem, OfWat, etc. in the UK.
Technically, in the UK,
one still has the right to petition Mrs Betty Windsor for the redress of
personal grievances.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20181107/17544b23/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list