[Tagging] Government Archives

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 03:50:19 UTC 2018

Just look at the key government the first thing to strike me was
archive, the key is meant to be used with office.

I don't think of government archives as offices... so what is in the
data base?

Well for Kew, UK
building=government with amenity=public_building

There are quite a few archives with public building;
Dublin, Ireland
Engu, Nigeria
New York, USA

Some are just buildings;
California, USA
Normandy, France
Cairo, Egypt
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Abu Dhabi, UAE

Some are Libraries;
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Adelphi, USA

Some are museums;
Tokyo, Japan
Kabul, Afghanistan

Some are government offices;
Zomba, Malawi
Libreville, Gabon
Gaborone, Botswana
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Delhi, India
Bangkok, Thailand

----------------------------
Would be nice to have some consistency?
Usually at least one of these per country, some times several depending on the size of the country.
I found the above by searching for 'national archives'.

I think Kew has it best;
  building=government with amenity=public_building

Humm that does not cover where there is one office you go to that is part of a larger building having other offices.. do these exist?
And if so .. are they really an office ... or more like a library or a museum? I think a library, they are documents, very few 'artefacts'.

Thoughts?

There will be some that have 'off site storage'. These will be buildings, perhaps best described as warehouses?
So building=warehouse, access=private could be best?
I think that is fairly clear.