[Tagging] Public Transport Timetables

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 22:44:58 UTC 2018

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 10:00 PM Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 at 07:53, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Kinda reminds me of a Google bus route I looked at several years ago
>> which apparently drew straight
>> lines (through houses and across fields) between timetabled stops rather
>> than following a road between
>> them.
>>

> I was wondering whether you had flying buses, or lot's of tunnels under
> the river? :-)

Cargo helicopters.

The route is weird, but not that weird.  Looks like they've conflated two
routes by accident and then
misordered the stops so we end up with the bizarre lines that don't follow
roads.  And even ignoring
that, they've got the Maesglas loop wrong.  It's very messed up.  The dead
ends, though, are correct
(that's where the cargo helicopters come into play).

Totally OT I know, but how would you go about suggesting to these companies
> that they use OSM maps rather than Google?

With traveline I'd think it's a matter of getting the English branch to
suggest it to the Welsh branch.
But unless the English branch make their suggestion in Welsh it may not get
anywhere.  The
actual reason for ignoring the suggestion will be NIH syndrome, but it's
easier to play silly
beggars when you can blame it on language issues.

--
Paul