[Tagging] New rag to draw node name with rotate angle

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 10 15:04:42 UTC 2018

On 10/11/2018 14:46, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Dave F <davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com> writes:
>
>> Every tag is for the renderer, otherwise all maps would be black lines
>> & dots. As your link clearly states:
>> /"Don't deliberately enter data *incorrectly* for the renderer"
>> /
>>
>> The tag 'layer' is purely to aid renderings.
> That's not true.  It represents things being above and below each other,

And is used solely by renders to distinguish what you said. However
'Layer' provides no real world interpretation of height distance between
objects.

> In the case of tag saying what angle to draw something, that's a
> specific drawing instruction, and I don't think it belongs.

Along with an angle, a position tag for the label would be useful to
avoid annoyances where it renders outside the perimeter of
irregular.shaped polygons.

Cheers
DaveF