[Tagging] Add some tag to identify disputed borders

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 23:02:06 UTC 2018

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 at 08:46, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But look at what you're trying to achieve with special values meaning
> disputed.  So 2.5 (or -2) is the
> same as 2 but disputed, 3.5 (or -3) is the same as 3 but disputed.  It's
> cleaner for code in the
> renderer and for code in editors (and wetware in humans) to just have
> admin_level:disputed=yes (or some such) rather than give special meanings
> to special values
> of a number.

Fair enough thanks Paul. I won't even pretend to know anything about
programming, coding & so on, so I certainly won't argue with you!

I'd just had a thought about Marc's question earlier ^ as to "how" to tag
it & thought that may have worked?

And that's assuming a disputed flag doesn't cause more problems than it
> solves: "No, that border
> isn't disputed, we're absolutely certain it's right." says one of the
> countries involved.  So now we
> need a flag pointing out that one country disputes that it's a disputed
> border...

You're probably quite right there as well :-(

Thanks

Graeme