[Tagging] Add some tag to identify disputed borders

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 15:46:11 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

On 14. Nov 2018, at 00:02, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> And that's assuming a disputed flag doesn't cause more problems than it solves: "No, that border
>> isn't disputed, we're absolutely certain it's right." says one of the countries involved.  So now we
>> need a flag pointing out that one country disputes that it's a disputed border...
>
> You're probably quite right there as well :-(

I would not expect it to be a problem to find out which borders are disputed, the disputes are generally known. A more difficult question could be people claiming land, where they aren’t a country, e.g. Palestine or Tibet, because in these cases it might be less questionable that there are significant claims, but there will be also many more, less known, and claimed by less people, down to single individuals which claim sovereignty. We would have to give workable and appropriate definitions where we draw the line.

Cheers, Martin