[Tagging] Neighborhood Gateway Signs?

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 02:33:10 UTC 2018

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 8:48 PM Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Here in Indonesia it is very common for neighbors to build sign over
> the main entrance to their neighborhood, with the name of the
> neighborhood on top and some other info on the two columns supporting
> the sign.

For all the examples you give, they're not very useful as signs in terms of
giving directions, and they have a more ceremonial role. I wonder if what
we're dealing with isn't a public sculpture.

That's how I treated this one

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3763273673
http://www.nptrail.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/NPT-Section1.jpg

which marks the southern terminus of the Northville-Placid Trail (a 222-km
hiking route through the Adirondack Mountains of New York).