[Tagging] Using multipolygons to map bays in Alaska

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Fri Nov 16 13:14:55 UTC 2018

W dniu 16.11.2018 o 12:24, Christoph Hormann pisze:

> Yes, as already said i understand that and this is why i do not
> primarily blame you or other mappers for using non-verifiable drawings
> to map bays and straits but Daniel for incentivizing that for
> ultimately selfish reasons.

Using strong words, blaming, judging etc. is not helping to solve
anything, it's rather making it harder. But I understand that's your
opinion.

Rendering perfectly documented and used features sounds like a good
thing for the entire project, no matter how do you call my reasons and
who do you choose to blame.

> Correct position would be aroundhere:
>
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=57.9877&mlon=-154.0407#map=9/57.9877/-154.0407

It would be much more useful if you tell now how to verify position of
this node?

And why do you tell "around" if this is sure method, not just your
random choice? I remember that your claim is verification is that other
user would do the same. It certainly does not work this way in this case
- some other user put it in a different place already. So there are at
least 2 different positions - hard to say that it confirms or proves
anything.

I am fully aware that drawing area is not fully verifiable. But you
claim that drawing a node is better in that particular respect. How can
you prove it?

--
"Excuse me, I have some growing up to do" [P. Gabriel]