[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - (Tramtrack_on_highway)

Nikulainen, Jukka K jukka.nikulainen at helsinki.fi
Wed Nov 21 09:02:58 UTC 2018

Sorry, I forgot to comment on this earlier

>embedded_rails=yes or even more precise
>embedded_rails=tram | embedded_rails=railway.
>The latter is even worse for bicycles, because the rail grooves are
>broader.

It is true that that would be more precise, but are there in fact any examples of this? I mean a railway that runs parallel to _and_ on a road? Usually highways do cross railways, but this is not a problem, since one approaches the rails (and the grooves) tangentially and they do not pose a great danger.

But you are of course correct that this tag would allow for more specific tagging, if this is something that is needed.

Sincerely,
Jukka (Tolstoi21)