[Tagging] RfC: tagging whatever power line is insulated as an attribute

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Nov 21 15:06:50 UTC 2018

I created https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/insulated <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/insulated> to
with intention of allowing mappers not interested in the extreme detail of power networks
to allow ignoring this detail in case of isolation of power lines.

Feedback is highly appreciated. I have little experience with power tagging in OSM.
This proposal is primarily based on tagging scheme issues that I discovered during
an attempt to handle https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/3460 <https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/3460>

PS This is second RfC, first one allowed me to fix a major naming error but some people
maybe skipped thread due to a misleading name.