[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - (Tramtrack_on_highway)

Rainer r.elbing at gmx.de
Wed Nov 21 21:13:07 UTC 2018

Yes, I agree, railway tracks in a highway is more seldom than tram
rails. In former times that existed oftener and I assume that in eastern
Europe more of such cases still exist, also in Asia.
Some examples that I know:
Many streets in Forst (Lausitz) had such railways, some still exist
(unused):
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/51.74037/14.63721
http://www.buntbahn.de/fotos/data/7191/158Forst_-_Stadt_-_Ausweiche_Alexanderstr_02.JPG
Still in use:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/query?lat=52.84362&lon=8.94250#map=17/52.84359/8.94328&layers=N
Combined railway/highway bridge between France and Germany (currently
not used, but talked about reactivation):
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/315375218#map=16/48.8472/8.1177&layers=N
Lindaunisbr├╝cke (another combined bridge - in use):
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindaunisbr├╝cke#/media/File:Boren_Lindaunis_Eisenbahnbruecke.jpg

Bye,
Rainer