[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - landuse=governmental

Allan Mustard allan at mustard.net
Fri Nov 23 16:44:09 UTC 2018

Well, a central bank is a bank, after all, whether it is owned by the
government or is a "private" parastatal organization.  I would tag it as
amenity=bank since it is a bank.  Not all banks offer consumer services,
so the fact that an individual cannot open an account in a central bank
doesn't disqualify it.  Individuals cannot open accounts in the Bank for
International Settlements, either, but it is a bank.  A central bank is
a specialized bank that serves the government (controls the monetary
system) and the commercial banking sector.  That's why it is called a
"central" bank.

>  It also wouldn't be tagged as a bank, because it doesn't have
accounts & you can't go in & deposit / withdraw cash, or take out a loan.

Maybe you and I cannot, but the commercial banks in that country can.
It's a bank.

cheers,
apm