[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - landuse=governmental

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 22:20:08 UTC 2018

On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 at 07:04, SelfishSeahorse <selfishseahorse at gmail.com>
wrote:

> You're right, most central banks are independent from politics, but
> aren't they called governmental institutions nevertheless? Or rather
> state institutions? (I'm not so fluent in English and not an expert on
> state/economy.)

Tricky one!

For instance, the Reserve Bank of Australia is wholly owned by the
Commonwealth of Australia, but it isn't classified as a Government
Department. It's been tagged as a building=government
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/299845167#map=19/-33.86818/151.21169

> How would you tag the land use of an independent central bank?
> Certainly not commercial.

I "think" that yes, it probably should / would be? What are the options?
It's certainly not either retail or industrial. Government - not if it's
independent, which really only leaves commercial?

It also wouldn't be tagged as a bank, because it doesn't have accounts &
you can't go in & deposit / withdraw cash, or take out a loan.

So =government if it's government owned; =commercial if it's private; not
tagged as a bank, but named Reserve / Central Bank of Somewhere.

Thanks

Graeme