[Tagging] antenna type

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 13:53:39 UTC 2018

I’d been thinking about this lately while working on towers and radio
telescopes.

Towers can be tagged with tower:construction =dish and this is rendered as
“satellite” dish sending or receiving waves, in the Openstreetmap-Carto
style.

Radio telescopes are now rendered as well.

But there are some satellite uplink dishes mistagged as radio telescopes.

Other tags in use are man_made=communications_dish and
man_made=satellite_dish

But neither is very well documented, I recall.

I’d be happy to have a better way to tag these dishes.