[Tagging] antenna type

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 23:34:56 UTC 2018

On 25/11/18 01:50, Sergio Manzi wrote:

> I like it!
>
> To me it makes much more sense to tag telecom=BTS (Base Transceiver
> Station, see [1
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_transceiver_station>]) than
> man_made:antenna + antenna:type=whatever.
>
> But BTS is not indicated as possible value for telecom=* in the wiki...

I am not advocating the use of man_made=antenna with or in place of some
other tag that already incorporates an antenna e.g man_made=telescope,
telescope:type=radio

I am saying that at present there are mappers using less than precise
tags with man_made=antenna and that needs to have some guidance in order
not to end up with a bigger mess than it already is.