[Tagging] Add some tag to identify disputed borders

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:32:40 UTC 2018

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 4:37 PM Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 23. Nov 2018, at 17:33, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > We should be therefore able to repurpose the roles in a type=boundary
> relation to store information about claimed, "de facto", and "de jure"
> borders
>
> can you give a definition for de jure?
> Which law applies?

Maybe there is a better word or phrase than "de jure" but I would classify
these as borders where both countries are in agreement because of a treaty
or a similar legal document. For example, this role could be applied to
more than 99% of the Canada-United States border (there are still some
minor disputes between the two).