[Tagging] Add some tag to identify disputed borders

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:43:57 UTC 2018

On 26/11/2018 11:24, Peter Elderson wrote:
> The whole thing seems pretty shaky to me.

That's unfortunately as true in the physical world as it is in OSM.

... and Paul Norman's "osmborder" (mentioned by Noémie previously) is a
huge start - you get a list of boundary segments classified according to
"dividing_line", "disputed", and "maritime".  However I suspect that
more may be needed to classify what sort of dispute something is (and a
particular one may be part of several, of different sorts).

There is some existing tagging on this - from
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=dispute click through to look
at the other tags on the various disputed boundaries.

Best Regards,

Andy