[Tagging] Suggestion: ref:mobile_payment for amenity=parking

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 16:17:39 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

On 29. Nov 2018, at 17:11, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> payment:sms:WhateverPayApp:contact=<phone number to send>
>>

> Does not look very sustainable, are we going to mass retag all of these if the number changes? I agree it might be useful to have this information, but it shouldn’t need to be tagged on every instance where you can pay (unless the number is individual and not universal), e.g. it could be entered in the wiki.

if it must be a tag, it should follow the established conventions, e.g. phone rather than contact. Apps usually do not expose or require a phone number

>> payment:sms:WhateverPayApp:ref:payment=<code to send>

maybe just “ref”, unless it is different? We are using ref for example for bus stops where you can use this code to dynamically query an api for bus arrival times. As long as it is just one reference number, there’s no need to declare 5 levels of nested structures ;-)

Cheers, Martin