[Tagging] landuse for government offices ?

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 19:26:13 UTC 2018

Hello everyone!

I haven't forgotten the landuse=civic_admin proposal, but I'm
uncertain about two points and would like to know your opinion:

* Isn't 'civic administration' limited to the administration of a town
or city (compared to the administration of the state, county etc.)?
Maybe it would be better to use landuse=public_administration (24
uses) or simply landuse=government (162 uses) instead. (For
comparison: landuse=civic_admin also has 162 uses.)
* Currently the proposal only includes areas of legislative, executive
and governmental administration use, but excludes courts. Wouldn't it
make sense to also include courts? People who want to distinguish
administration, legislature, executive and judiciary could do this
with a sub-tag, e.g. government=*.

Regards
Markus