[Tagging] My "weirdly unnatural aversion to relations"

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Oct 2 03:15:27 UTC 2018

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 12:13 PM Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>
wrote:

> 1. Oct 2018 10:18 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:
>
> site
>

> This relation type is a horrible mistake and should not be encouraged by
> editors

Care to expand?

> - this data is basically not usable.

Sure it is.  Say I want to know what amenities an RV park has in another
city...you could go  "hey, what does Somewhereville RV Park have?" or just
throw Somewhereville RV Park and get a list of everything that belongs to
the same site.  Dump station, fuel pump, convenience store, information
stand, mailboxes, laundry, showers, toilets...regardless of whether or not
these things are named or not, or even share the same name as the RV park
itself.  Like, say, "Old Faceful Geyser" (actually a splashpad) in the
"Jellystone Park" RV park at Lake Eufaula (to use something I might try if
I was taking my boyfriend and niece truck camping and wasn't actually
familiar with this being a delightfully furry, yet corny, and relatively
comfortable for cheap truck-tent camping).