[Tagging] iD Editor - unclear translations ( QA ) - 2018Oct

José G Moya Y. josemoya at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 07:24:46 UTC 2018

I think these unclear translations come from the fact different languages
make a different split in the world. As an example, in Spanish we have many
different words (bar, mesón, restaurante, cantina, café, cafetería,
chiringuito,  pub/bar de copas, cervecería, bodeguilla, whiskería,
taberna,  txoko, peña) for what english splits into
bar/restaurant/pub/café. Bars are for Spanish language what snow is for
inuit language...

Obviously the Spanish team is not interested in creating new categories as
"amenity:meson: a dirty bar that also serves as cheap restaurant where you
can drop olive kernels and prawn carcasses straight into the ground." or
"amenity:chiringuito: a kiosk in the seashore where cheap food and drink is
served at incredibly expensive prices."
.
But some users are interested in making these differences.

Regards,

José.