[Tagging] Power=cable for low voltage lines?

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 21 17:56:45 UTC 2018

Le 21. 10. 18 à 12:50, Joseph Eisenberg a écrit :
> Aren’t major lines usually part of the longer-distance transmission
> system, and minor lines are local distribution? Like highway=primary vs
> highway=residential?
>
> That seems like a useful and important distinction,

well, as we can see with this thread, the diff betwen line
and minor_line is, depending of the mapper :
- the size of the tower (although it would make a lot more sense to tag
a tower as major/minor instead of putting this information on the line)
- the usage transmission > distribution
- the voltage

it seems to be like landuse=forest <> natural=wood, the only information
we can deduce is that there is a line, the rest is variable according to
the mapper, the rest is "meaning a or meaning b or meaning c" so finally
no meaning if you want to use the data seriously

Le 21. 10. 18 à 19:42, Mateusz Konieczny a écrit :
 > ease of mapping for people not interested in mapping  details

the ease of mapping is power=line and move all details away.
having a minor_line<>line that depends on the size of the towers
as you seem to prefer is probably not easier.