[Tagging] Upcoming removal of power=station and power=sub_station in the standard style

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 20:53:43 UTC 2018

Le 22. 10. 18 à 14:01, Dave Swarthout a écrit :
> Well, there you go. Mass edits are frowned upon even if the potential
> for making a mistake is low. Is it worse to have a few power=sub_station
> objects that should really be power=plant instead of an enormous number
> of objects with deprecated tags?

Well, ppl create a new value power=substation to get rid
of the multi-meaning (like we have with power=minor_line)
between a generator, a plant and a substation.
Trying to move the trash (the "few" remaining objects)
in one of those 3 new/clean values look strange, isn't it ?

I have checked/fixed a few power=sub_station with generator:* plant:*
142 power=station or sub_station + substation=* remain
and are easy to fix.

> On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 6:09 PM Volker Schmidt wrote:
>             "revert mechanical edit

the main issue is that a mecanical edit need :
- talk
- a wiki page
- widely accepted and make an exception for edits for a few dissenters
with their edits or area... that's hard to do at the global level
and it look like that the reverted mecanical edit folling none of this.

I participated in the cleaning in France, Switzerland, Belgium.
In some countries there are only a few ambiguous objects that
the local community can quickly fix if they wanted to.

For other countries, it may be necessary to discuss an operation
at the country level. But that need a few mappers willing to relay it
the main issue look like to be in Germany ~6k sub_station and UK ~4k

Regards,
Marc