[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Research station

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 09:55:44 UTC 2018

Am Mi., 24. Okt. 2018 um 10:20 Uhr schrieb Bren Barnes <brenbarnes at gmail.com
>:

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Research_station
>
> A *research station* is an amenity that is built for the purpose of
> conducting scientific research. Research stations are often located in
> remote areas of the world, such as in the polar regions or oceans. Due to
> their remote nature they are usually self-sufficient campuses, generating
> their power requirements from non-grid sources and having food supplies for
> long seasons. The stations are staffed by both research scientists and
> operational staff who live and work on base 24/7

I would not require it is "built for the purpose", IMHO it is sufficien it
is "used for the purpose". I am also not sure whether people will have to
live there, and whether this has to be"24/7", this might be often the case,
but it isn't necessarily a requirement, is it?

I would reduce the definition to the absolute minimum, and put the prose
into a more verbose explanation section. Words like "usually" imply that
these aren't strict requirements (but can be indices/hints).

Cheers,
Martin