[Tagging] 2 meaning for crossing=zebra

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 10:36:24 UTC 2018

Le 26. 10. 18 à 09:28, SelfishSeahorse a écrit :
> What about tagging the presence or absence of traffic signals with a
> subkey, e.g. crossing:traffic_signals=yes/no?

it is indeed always possible to take out all the values to make
them keys.
but if iD only enters the marking in crossing_ref like the other
editors, the crossing key will again indicate whether or not there is a
light. so is it useful to change the name of the key there too?
experience shows that if you want to change everything, in the end
nothing changes because many contributors have started from immobility
when the solution is too large. that is why I think it is useful to
focus on how to correctly inform the type of ground marking

> I've already proposed to replace crossing=island with
> crossing:island=yes [1] for the same reason, that is, because when
> using crossing=island, it's not possible to specify if the pedestrian
> crossing is marked or not.
> [1]: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Key:crossing:island

It's a good idea (and I like that the propal focus on one tag/issue
in order to hope that this will facilitate its adoption