[Tagging] mast / tower / communication_tower (again)

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 15:49:25 UTC 2018

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 at 14:23, François Lacombe
<fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com> wrote:

> structure={lattice,guyed, tube...} would be better than tower:construction. 15k uses vs 150k.
> Lattice is the structure and have nothing to do with actual construction. This tag should be avoided.

Seems sensible.

> telecom=antenna would be a device, wile we are discussion of supports.
> It's the same for power=transformers (a device) supported by a power=pole (a support). Using power=* for both support and device cause small issues because power=* is used for the support.

If there are antennas attached to something else, e.g. mobile phone
and microwave relay antennas attached to an electricity pylon, [1] you
could simply add

communication:mobile_phone=yes
communication:microwave=yes

power=tower.

[1]: https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/eJ8dwz4EJ8hRSJPO1gRKEg

> telecom=antenna may be used to tag individual antennas on large towers too.

There's also man_made=antenna (with 6, 420 uses vs 167 uses of telecom=antenna):

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dantenna

Regards
Markus