[Tagging] routes with double use hiking and bicycle

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 11:59:36 UTC 2018

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 12:41 PM, Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote:

> You are inverting how route_master relations are used in public transport.
> There the route master represents a line, and our route relations represent
> the itineraries (all the variations).

Variant 1: you can walk.

Variant 2: you can cycle.

I don't see how that differs significantly from variant 1 = "A B C D" and
variant 2 = "A B D."  They are all ways of getting from A to D.

To put it another way, how would you handle a bus route with two operators
who use different service numbers and names for the same route?

Creative abuse of the rules is fun.  Ask any company using tax avoidance
schemes, like Google, Apple, etc.

--
Paul