[Tagging] routes with double use hiking and bicycle

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 13:05:48 UTC 2018

On Sun, Sep 2, 2018 at 1:53 PM, Jo <winfixit at gmail.com> wrote:

> In public transport:

Walking and cycling routes are not public transport.  Nevertheless
(according to the wiki) route masters can be used
with them.

1 (one) route_master relation for the line

> 1 or more (typically 2) route relations for the variations in itinerary.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make.  Or how those
sentences contradict the idea of using a route
master to cope with the variations of walking and cycling.  Unconventional,
yes, but you're the person who invented
the reverse role for routes, so you don't let conventions bind you.  If the
walking and cycling route weren't exactly
identical (as is often the case) but largely corresponded, would a route
master be appropriate then?  If not, why
not?  It's a route from A to B with variants.

It was just a thought, anyway.  As I said, I didn't think through all the
ramifications.  But nothing you've said so far
convinces me the idea is wrong.

--
Paul