[Tagging] maxspeed:type vs source:maxspeed // StreetComplete

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 06:10:27 UTC 2018

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 at 13:30, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So on the boundary=administrative admin_level=6 for Rogers County, we
> could have something like maxspeed:type:default=45mph

Just after crossing over the border into the state of Queensland, you have
this sign:
https://www.google.com/maps/@-28.1592952,153.4932922,3a,75y,288.32h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sXT0hBPanAoGnfz9N-Ugbyw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
(Incidentally, I think 7 of the 8 Australian states & territories have the
same limits?)

I understand (I think!) that your system would set this as a default for
all Qld roads?

But based on what? How does OSM know that this stretch of road is in either
a rural or a built-up area?

Thanks

Graeme