[Tagging] maxspeed:type vs source:maxspeed // StreetComplete

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Thu Sep 20 02:29:23 UTC 2018

> On Sep 19, 2018, at 6:59 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:
>

> An example of an interstate I would call trunk would be I 70 between I 68 and I 76, given that those two are the two closest junctions.  Motorways should terminate at an interchange with another motorway, not an at-grade intersection…

A number of freeways in California would fail that test. Off the top of my head, I-280 terminating onto King Street in San Francisco [1]. US-101 terminating on to Market [2] (actually 101 peels off a bit earlier to go up Van Ness). California 55 in Costa Mesa [3]. The western terminus of I-10 in Santa Monica [4]. I am sure there are a lot more those are just the few that I am familiar with that come to mind.

Cheers!

[1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/37.77413/-122.39631
[2] https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/37.77180/-122.42270
[3] https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/33.6439/-117.9146