[Tagging] Stormwater outlet into stream

Kevin ksamples at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 18:20:15 UTC 2018

If you're looking for a good term for the stormwater outlet, the
engineering term is "headwall" for the outlet and "catch basin" for the
inlet. I don't think either of these are  commonly used in osm.
"drain_outlet" and "drain_inlet" may be better terms and of more use
outside of stormwater infrastructure.  As for what connects the two; you
usually have a ditch, pipe, or stream. The wiki on waterways suggests that
all pipe flow is pressurized and therefore it should be waterway=drain.

https://www.surpriseaz.gov/DocumentCenter/View/1415/Common-Storm-Water-Structures

Kevin