[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Free drinking water by private entities

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Thu Sep 20 22:28:00 UTC 2018

On 20.09.2018 16:29, José G Moya Y. wrote:
> Hi!
> If we start mapping refill=soft_drinks;coffee... and so on, how would you map sites where some soft
> drinks are refillable and some are not?

I am strongly against tagging the business practice how often a _paid_ glass of beverage is being
refilled (with cheaply produced unhealthy liquids anyway). This is close to a restaurant review and
not a geographical property.

I would support tagging the free tap-water refilling campaign as it is apparently a litter-avoiding
idea and presumably ground-verifiable (by some sticker or so at the door?).

As a side note, I am surprised it needs such a campaign. I was never refused a filling of my water
bottle, in various countries. Not in a pub while hiking, nor in an airport cafe (behind security
where carrying water is not allowed).  It does not need much language either, handing the bottle and
and a friendly look are usually self-explanatory and sufficient.

tom