[Tagging] RFC - landcover clearing

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 22:38:08 UTC 2018

On 21/09/18 23:16, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> I am not sure why landcover=clearing is described as better than other.
>
> If someone wants to leave gixme, the fixme key or OSM note is the best
> solution.

Best solution for what?

This started because a group wanted to map clearings from imagery.
Why I don't know - they have not communicated despite attempts at contact.
They did not use a fixme etc by used something they thought described
what they were seeing in imagery.
A fixme tries to contact locals to map the thing, as this group wants
things done in a hurry they don't use fixmes.

> 6. Aug 2018 02:11 by 61sundowner at gmail.com <mailto:61sundowner at gmail.com>:
>
>     and stop land covers becoming regarded as a legitimate use of the
>     key landuse.
>

> too late for that, see landuse=forest

So landuse=sand
landuse=dirt